The Leatherman’s Handbook by Larry Townsend (1977 edition).
It’s May 1st which means today we start our countdown to International Mr. Leather in photos and history. Today, 1979, the Winners Circle.
San Francisco, California
American Uniform Association
Los Angeles, California
Lafitte in Exile / Corral Bar
New Orleans, Louisiana
Of course there was no jockstrap thing at that time, because everybody wore leather in full most of the time. You went out to the bar, you had your leather boots, you had the leather chaps, had the leather jacket, had the leather hat. ~ David Kloss
by Louis Malteste
By Louis Maltestse
AtomAge best fetish magazine ever
The Correct Sadist by Terence Sellers
with six illustrations by Genesis P-Orridge
Ed. SOGEDIDE, 1955. Art by Alex Pinon (scan)
Listen slowly and see: Matt and Ryan listen to and discuss The Velvet Underground’s “The Velvet Underground & Nico.”
- The Velvet Underground & Nico
- Wikipedia: Velvet Underground (Band), The Velvet Underground & Nico,
- The “Loop” experimental noise recording by Cale, and Reed’s own 1970s Experimental Noise Album
- Reviews: Allmusic, Rolling Stone, Christgau, P4K
- Warhol and The Factory on Wikipedia
- Warhol’s screen tests of Reed, Nico, and Edie Sedgwick and Dylan
- The Work of Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction on Wikipedia (Full Text)
Some discussion of “Venus in Furs” and “Femme Fatale”
(via image: Penelope Pitstop and the Hooded Claw) from Hanna Barbera’s “The Perils of Penelope Pitstop” (1969-71).
At least the Hooded Claw provided her with a pillow, proving he’s a conscientious top.